Ashland New Plays Festival is holding general auditions for our 2018 Fall Festival. Actors who audition will also be considered for roles in our 2019 season (to be announced in October). ANPF, now in its 27th season, assists playwrights in the development of new works through public readings and offers an educational forum to the community through discussions and workshops.
This is a general audition and we are looking for actors of all types. Actors of color and actors over 30 are especially encouraged to submit. ANPF is committed to diversity and inclusion, and therefore encourages performers of all ethnicities, gender identities, and ages, as well as performers with disabilities, to audition.
August 7, 2018, in Ashland, OR
Times: Afternoon appointments only
Location: Oregon Cabaret Theatre, 241 Hargadine Street
Notes: There is street parking nearby.
August 17 – 18, 2018, in San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Times: 8/17 from 12:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. and 8/18 from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Location: Shotgun Players Rehearsal Space, 1201 University Avenue Berkeley, CA, in the Salon rehearsal space
Notes: There is metered street parking on University and some free neighborhood parking on the nearby side streets. The Shotgun Rehearsal space is about a 10-minute walk from the North Berkley BART station.
- Please prepare a contemporary monologue, which should not exceed a total of two minutes. In addition, actors may be asked to cold read sides at the audition.
- Request an audition time. Email ANPF Associate Artistic Director Jackie Apodaca at jackie(at)ashlandnewplays(dot)org with a digital copy of your headshot and resume (or a link to your website). Please specify at which location you would like to audition and any time constraints you may have. Allow 2-3 days to receive a response.
About the Job
Actors in the Fall Festival should expect 10-12 hours of rehearsal, followed by two public performances. Actors read the scripts from music stands – no memorization is required.
- Equity and Non-AEA Actors are welcome to apply
- ANPF uses an AEA SPT contract
- Project Begins: Monday Oct 15, 2018
- Project Ends: Sunday Oct 21, 2018
- Both union and nonunion actors will be paid approximately $250 for the week
- A travel stipend and housing are provided for all out of town actors
The 2018 Fall Festival winning plays include the following:
- The Excavation of Mary Anning by Ian August
- Primary User by Nate Eppler
- Cold Spring by Victor Lesnieweski
- The Abuelas by Stephanie Alison Walker
Click here for more information about the winning plays and playwrights.